The media is always accused of looking for bad news. We are told that we ignore the good things, that we are harbingers of doom, the nattering nabobs of negativism. Etcetera.
Well, despair no more. Here’s good news. Or rather here’s a “good news” newspaper. It’s called Praja Kshema, it is published from Mysore, it is edited by somebody called Premataneyashree, and its April issue alone has these warm, feel-good headlines.
1) Daksha police adhikari, hechchuvari police mahanirdeshka: Dr Subhash Bharani, IPS (Efficient police officer, additional DGP)
2) Karnataka raja kanda atyanta samartha aadalithadhikari, food commissioner B.H. Anil Kumar (One of the most efficient officers seen by Karnataka)
3) Mysore jilleya janapriya jilladhikari, S. Selva Kumar (Mysore district’s popular deputy commissioner)
4) K.R. aaspatreya mole-tagna assistant professor, badavara bandhu Dr Kiran Kalaiah (The doyen of the poor and downtrodden, K.R. Hospital’s orthopaedic)
5) Police ilakhege matthondu hesare IGP Kempaiah, IPS (The synonym for the police force)
6) Mysore-ina Udayagiri thaneya rebel inspector, S.G. Vijaya Kumar (The rebel inspector of Udayagiri police station)
7) Mysore-ina K.R. Bank upadhyaksha haagu yelane wardina nagarapalika sadasya, Congress-ina yuva nayaka, G.M. Panchakshari (K.R. Bank vice-president, Ward no. 7 corporator and Congress youth leader)
8) Mysore-ina Nazarbad thanege Mandya-da huli, chintanasheela inspector H.L. Nagaraj (The Lion of Mandya, the thinking inspector)
9) Nanjangud-ina Ayyappa swami devalayada kotigobbare, P. Kantharaja Swami (One in a billion)
10) Aahara nigamada vyavasthapaka, mutthinantha manushya, R.S. Ramanna (the food corporation’s man of gold)
In the interests of good journalism, churumuri offers no comment. N jaay.