The ninth edition of the cricket World Cup is not even a week old, and boy, it seems to have produced more drama than all the other World Cups put together.
1) Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer dying in mysterious circumstances the night after the team’s loss to Ireland.
2) Former champions Pakistan being knocked out of the tournament after just two matches.
3) Debutants Ireland tying with Zimbabwe and then beating Pakistan, inside two days.
4) Former champions India losing to Bangladesh. Etcetera.
5) Herschelle Gibbs of South Africa becoming the first to hit six sixes in an over in an international match.
6) Andrew Flintoff being sacked as England vice-captain after a drinking binge.
7) Mark Boucher hitting the fastest 50.
And to think that the tournament ends on April 28.