E.R. RAMACHANDRAN forwards a dozen Sardarji “jokes”, quips and oneliners. “Some of them are really good ones,” he warns. You figure out which ones.
1. Lecturer: Write a note on “Gandhi Jayanti”.
Sardar: Gandhi was a great man but maa kasam, I don’t know who Jayanti is.
2. Sardar: You cheated me.
Sardar: You said this is a German radio. But when I put it on, it says All India Radio.
3. Sardar gets into a bus on April 1. The conductor asks for ticket. He gives ten rupees, takes the ticket, and says “April fool.”
Sardar: I have a pass.”
4. Sardar takes up a new job. On the first day, he works till late evening on the computer.
Boss is happy and asks what he did all day till evening.
Sardar: The keyboard alphabets were not in order, so I made them all right.
5. On a romantic day sardar’s girlfriend asks him, “Darling, on our engagement day will you give me a ring?”
Sardar: Oh sure yaar. From landline or mobile?
6. Doctor to Sardar: You will die within two hours. Do you want to see any one before you die.
Sardar: Yes. A good doctor.
7. Two sardars were fixing a bomb in a car.
Sardar 1 : What do we do if the bomb explodes while fixing?
Sardar 2 : Don’t worry yaar, I have one more.
8. Interviewer: When is your birthday?
Sardar: 13th Oct.
Interviewer: Which year?
Sardar: Oye, ullu ke patthe. Every year.
9. Sardar was busy removing a wheel from his auto. A man asks him why.
Sardar: Can’t you read the board? Parking is only for two- wheeler.
10. Sardar: Madam, what is the make of your car?
Lady: I forgot the name, but is starts with “T”.
Sardar: Oye kamaal ki gaddi hai, tea se start hoti hai. Hamaara gaadi petrol se start hoti hai.
11. Boss: Where were you born?
Boss: Which part?
Sardar: Kya, which part? Whole body born in Punjab.
12. Question: How do you destroy a submarine full of sardars?
Answer: Simple. Just knock the door and one of them will open it.