Fancy yourself as a political whiz? Can answer anything that is thrown at you? Itching to show off your knowledge of the castes, communities and combinations on “Kaun Karega Kitapati“?
Well, here’s your chance, quizman (and quizamma).
The “transfer of power” from one coalition partner (JDS) to another (BJP) is less than four weeks away. Answer the following five questions correctly to prevent God from wanting to become an atheist after seeing the goings-on in the crevices and conservancies of the corridors of power.
Your quiz master is E.R. RAMACHANDRAN.
Question No. 1: Which of the following statements of Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy is true?
- aaiy) “I will transfer power to Yediyurappa on October 3.”
- b) “I will transfer power to the BJP, but not to Yediyurappa.”
- c) “People want me to continue as CM.”
- d) “I did not say any of the above.”
Question No. 2: Who is/are the author/s of the following statements?
- aaiy) “I have nothing to do with this Government. Don’t ask me anything about it.”
- b) “Be ready for elections.”
- c) “I have to discuss with Atal Behari Vajpayee and L.K. Advani on the transfer of power.
- d) “What do you mean when you say ‘Transfer of Power’?”
Question No. 3: Which statement of the deputy chief minister B.S. Yediyurappa is true?
- aaiy) “I will keep mum till October 3.”
- b) “Even if God comes and says power will not be transferred to me, I won’t believe him.”
- c) “I will not believe anyone in this life if I am betrayed.”
- d) “Did I say ‘c’? I am misquoted!”
Question No. 4: Who is likely to hoist the national flag on 15 August 2008?
- aaiy) The present Chief Minister
- b) The present deputy chief minister
- c) Governor
- d) None of the above
Question No. 5: Awaiting October 3, “We, the People of Karanataka” can be best described as:
- aaiy) Kurigalu, saar, kurigalu
- baa) Gamparu without odeyaru
- saa) Moorkha shikhamanigalu
- daa) aaa, baa, saa—mooru nija!
Rules and regulations
- This quiz is open to members of the Deve Gowda family, their real estate agencies, and/or their employees
- Each question carries five marks. There will be 10 per cent internal grace marks for JDS applicants
- You are free to change your responses as many times as you wish up to a maximum of 23 over next 23 days
- There is no time limit for this quiz. You have all the time in the world. Our phony lines are open all day.
- The decision of the quiz master is not final or non-negotiable
- In case of multiple all-correct entries, the winner will be decided by a throw of dice
- All disputes will be in the jurisdiction of the golden triangle: Holenarsipur-Channapatna-Kanakapura