E.R. RAMACHANDRAN is plain baffled: How come our editors and anchors find the time and inclination to write long considered essays on “Growing coffee in Latin American countries” or “Growing rodent menace in Burundi, Rwanda” but cannot find a voice to ask…
1. How come the chief minister of West Bengal the great Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee can defy his own government’s ruling of ‘No Smoking’ in Writer’s Building and ask ‘Can anybody stop me from smoking in Writer’s Building’? and Anbumani Ramadoss can’t deliver his diatribe?
2. How come the largest democracy in the world just packs Taslima Nasreen off to United Kingdom and there is not a murmur against this from politicians, and the great titans of Indian press and the ‘Breaking News’ experts of television?
3. How come IHF chief K.P.S. Gill continues to dismiss calls for his resignation saying he still has some “unfinished business” left and the MPs and the sports minister apparently can’t do a thing?
4. How come Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and external affairs minister Pranab Mukherjee continue to be mum, and how come the brave Indian leftist tigers are reduced to chicken, when China says over 90,000 sq km in and around Arunachal Pradesh belongs to China?
5. And how come, while the world is concerned over what is happneing next door in Tibet, the Leftists and the Indian government are busy with IAEA talks to bother about Dalai Lama & Co, when given half a chance they would jump to condemn any small incident across the world as violation of human rights, etc?