Jamia Millia Islamia University’s decision to provide “legal assistance” to two of its students, Mohammad Shakil and Zia-ur-Rehman, picked up in connection with the serial blasts in Delhi has, as can be expected, stirred up the usual tsunami in the tea cup. On the one hand, the pseudo-nationalists are frothing at the mouth at the sight of a State-funded institution rushing to ensure the “well being” of “terror suspects”. And, on the other hand, the pseudo-secularists insist that they are taking the only course available before civilised human beings: of treating all suspects as innocent until proven guilty.
Questions: Certainly, the University is a centre of education and the students who come there to study have no business associating themselves with terror groups. But are the two students necessarily guilty because they have been arrested? Given the horrific record of the police and the Central Bureau of Investigation in a case like the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder, can sanctity be automatically attached to the claims of the Delhi police about the extent of involvement of the Jamia students?
Does UGC-funded Jamia Millia provide such “legal assistance” on tax-payers’ funds to students regularly, or is this a special case? If so, why? Is a University in the best traditions of humanism wrong in providing assistance to poor students who may be unfairly stigmatised? Do financially handicapped students have no right to justice just because a lynch mob sees them as guilty? And, above all, does our thirst for “tough laws” on terror imply we throw out the most fundamental rights of citizens?
Or, have we learnt no lessons at all from the extraordinary case of Dr Mohammed Haneef?
Also read: Where has our tolerance and compassion gone?
Churumuri team congrats! you just crossed the limit even by the standards of pseudo-sick lars
Pseudo secularist have taken the country to a ransom. Pseudo secular constitution does not form a uniform law for the country. So Pseudos take advantage of the situation to their benefits.
Singapore is a secular country and the laws are uniform for all Citizens. Whether they are Tamils,Chinese,Malays all have to follow the same rule. In our country it is unfortunate secularism is dictated by different laws and now after 60 years Pseudo seculars are yet to realise that all the violence and drama in the country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, Gujarat to Nagaland is because of this ill informed constitution.
They keep dividing the citizens for the benefits. It is time a revolution takes place in this country. A peacefull revolution.
An educational institution must stick to providing quality education to its students , there are government public lawyers whose sole business is to protect a person till he is proven guilty the VC of jamia is simply playing to the galleries and this is a very dangerous precedent he is setting. Some of the statements he has made is most irresponsible and just puts the students under more scrutiny from the industries and I will not blame them.
No one here targeted the entire community some vested interests among them want to create a situation which looks like that so that they can achieve some cheap political means. Many of us know how many have fought on the side of India during the famous wars. The community must realize this before its held hostage by a few scrupulous person who can sow seeds of doubt in a very fertile environment , its times like this when the intellects of the community should come forward and lead but will they ……?
…”Given the horrific record of the police and the Central Bureau of Investigation in a case like the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder, can sanctity be automatically attached to the claims of the Delhi police about the extent of involvement of the Jamia students?…”
This is a moronic assertion! An exception does not prove the rule! A university has no business lending legal assistance to criminal or otherwise regular students.
It is very good that the Jamia Millia Islamia University is coming forward to provide legal assistance to its students. Is it that they have been doing this all these days or is it an isolated instance just to protect or cover up the present few who have been accused to have a hand in terrorism. If they are cleared of this accusation in court then it is Great, but what happens if they are proved guilty?
Probably they are confident that they can take shelter under the guise as a minority community and the UPA will protect their interest.
This would be a good read for all the so called hindu nationalists!
It’s the duty of the university to work for the betterment of it’s students. It’s the duty of the dean/director to ensure that none of their students take anti-national stand. If they find a handful of students indulging in terrorist activities the Univ should take a tough stand against them and identify the preachers of such anti-India notions and bring them to book. Instead now the Univ has decided to promote separatism.
If some student was accused of say theft or murder would univ have provided legal aid even then ??
Jamia Milia and all univs belong to India primarily, everything else is secondary………
I dont understand the line of thinking. All of us make mistakes. When a mistake is done, as intelligent humans, we learn from it and move on. So, if the Police made a mistake on Aarushi murder, how is it related to a terrorism case?
India fought a war in 62 and we lost. So does that mean, that because we lost once, we can never win again. I just find the entire post stupid.
On top of it, we have the audacity to compare with the terrorist sympathizer Haneef who “lent” his SIM to a terrorist. Besides, how did the police goof up the case of Haneef?
There are obviously so many unanswered questions about the encounter and the arrests that followed it. Police is try to counter the immoral terror spectacle with other spectacles and the palestinian rumaals on the accused were a sign of this. http://subalternmedia.com/?p=1412
Now we are too happy to criticize the police and authorities while we speak about murder cases and others. when it comes to terrorism, our media and us seems to believe what ever is doled out by the police. After all muslims are terrorists, so there should be a question that should arise, if the captured person is a terrorist or not.
The Hindu fascists are the most silly minded lampoons around.
Every State has a Free legal aid board, If the students are poor, the university must assist them in getting aid from the free legal aid board.
However it should not itself provide any financial aid. Would Jamia provide the legal aid if the students were Hindus ? I doubt.
The University is run on Tax payers money. The fund they get is to provide education, not legal aid.
Arjun Singhs , Mushirul Hasans are best friend of Hindutva. Because, they help rationalize what Hindutva have been saying for long.
It needs a Swapan Dasgupta, finest right of the center journalist, to explain what is at stake here. I hate copy/paste, so interested people can follow the URL:
Election is coming, and its a foregone conclusion BJP will tear Congress with these. At the minimum, our university campuses will not remain same.
Its also interesting, recently, Mushirul Hasan arranged a show of MF Hussain’s work of “art” at Jamia Campus that included all those pictures !
Supporting terror accuseds, and showing naked “Bharat Mata”- now both denote “secularism”!
Churumuri is ahead of CNN-IBm, NDTV and the likes in terms of (pseudo)secularism!!!.
Would this have been done, had not the students been Muslims, that too involved in terrorist acts? Does JM provide similar legal aid to all the students caught by the police? You would not have bent backwards to defend the legal aid, had the students been Hindus – not that the Hindus have so far been involved terrorist acts, though radical thinking may be growing amongst the Hindus, thanks to pseudo secularists’ stridency.
JM was formed to imbue secularism amongst muslims, as opposed to what AMU was doing in the late twenties, spreading the philosophical basis for Pakistan. It was lead by a tall personality like Dr.Zakir Hussain. Today’s JM defends accomplices of murderous acts. You fail to see the fatal irony.
None of the Lawyers and Advocates came to defend the students. Jamia Milia has the right to defend these students. Mushir ul Hasan has done the right thing, so has Arjun Singh. Arjun Singh is a only true secularist in the country. Even Sonia Gandhi nor Shivraj Patil have come in favour of the innocent students.
Arjun Singh has been defending the cause of minorities for long. He even wanted to improve the his muslim brethren through reservations.
The innocent students were killed through a fake encounter.
The psuedo nationalists and the psuedo secularists owe their existence to each other. There is no rational discourse in the mainstream media on secularism in India. Secularists in India means Islamic and christian sympathisers and communalists means Hindu nationalists. I see a bleak future for India.
This topic is discussed in another blog… Interesting reading
Hi all pseudo nationalists,
Please find a new word for ‘ Pseudo secularism ‘ . Its over used…
The encounter was a complete sham… take a look at this:
And offstumped is one of the no-brainer crap around. A mish mash up Hindu fascism and whole load of crap!
Another propaganda, long live churumuri – the real secularists (unfortunately) !!
Was the money contributed from the pockets of the University staff or was it OUR money?
If they are spending tax payers’ money, we have every right to question them!
Just like we can take care of an OBC guy as we are paying for his education vide the SHE Cess. :P
KKR… how about scum of the earth? shame of India? I mean we can say a lot of things for this bloody bunch of people.. who have absolutely no shame… living in India, working against India in the hope of establishing UMMA… what can be more anti nationalistic than this???
For now, Sickularists will do, right?
You know something? The 9/11 attack was percieved by the mad mullahs and bearded bandicoots to be the handiwork of jews… if you can think of something as outrageous like that.. this is child’s play for you…
No one is questioning whether the suspected students are entitled to legal help or not. What some of us are questioning is whether Jamia university is allowed to help them or not. It is tax payers money you see.
Just realised..not sure if someone pointed it out already.. this little case is going to be
party 1: Indian goverment (secular)
party 2:Indian Government (psedua secular)
who will win might depend on how far / near are the elections or does party 1 :Indian goverment (secular) have any chance of winning?
>>Arjun Singh has been defending the cause of minorities for long. He even wanted to improve the his muslim brethren through reservations.
The innocent students were killed through a fake encounter
Good that you have recognised the greatness of Arjun Singh. BTW can you please enlighten us how you decided the students were innocent even before the case is underway. Are they as innocent as Ishrat Jahan or more innocent than her.
My sincere request to the bloggers is to ignore Azamgarh. This RSS Cheddi is attempting the muslim community by posting provocative statements. No muslim sane person would use a nick like this at this time
We have senior politicians like CK Jaffer Sharief who are eligible candidates to become PM of India. He is a seasoned candidate. He can influence the Muslims to be back on the mainstream.
Also, Farooque Abdullah,Mufti Mohammad Syed are eligible candidates.
Asadudin Owaisi is a young dynamic muslim answer to Rahul Gandhi. He can fit the bill of PM.
There is no dearth of Muslims in the country to become the muslim PM.
Why not we make Dawood Ibrahim Khaskar or Chota Shakeel as our PM. They will solve all the problems
This act could set a bad precedent. The university should not use its own funds to provide legal assistance. If the management of the university felt strongly about this, they could have organized a fund collection from different stakeholders and gathered the necessary funds.
If the students are found guilty (well Geelani walked ), would the University become a terror cell ?
The first and foremost job of any university worth its name is to provide good education, improve the infrastructure, libraries, hostels, make sufficient provisons for their healthy growth in all respects. When students demand better facilities in hostels, sports and other things the authorities point out and say they have no funds. May be, the authorities are thinking that the police have a picked a wrong person and they are persecuting him for no fault of his. Authorities should consider all aspects and should come out publicly like this and a Union Minister supporting the cause may open floodgates and this may set a prcedence. Should not try to covr up. If the authorities try to do it they will be revealing more. National integrity, solidarity, a violence free society are more important than the (pseudo)prestige of a university. And people know the history of many of these universities very well.
Our Pseudo Secular PM goes to France and upholds pseudo secularism by taking up the cause of Turbans for SIKHS in france. He turned out to be a nincompoop. French PM politely told him that France does not distinguish its citizens on the basis of religion.
All Citizens in France regardless of religion have to follow the same law.
Our PM is out preaching Pseudo Secularism in a Secular country like France.
It is unfortunate that inspite of being well educated he picks up the cause of fundamentalists while holding the office of PM of India.
Churumuri – You can only be compared to some pseudo-seculars in Magalore who are comparing yesterday’s incident of ‘burning of an Eid banner’ to holocaust by Nazis!!
You guys ae unbelievable. :)
My sincere request to fellow bloggers to ignore Fazlur Rehman. He is a SIMI/IM/etc activist pretending to be a moderate.
(brackets are for those who didn’t get the sarcasm)
Looks like Fazlur Rehman is right in his comments. But I have a doubt. If Arjun Singh give support to accused, If JM can support the accused, why any normal Muslim can’t support those?
I remember our nationalists received commission even for buying coffins for soldiers who fought and died for our country.. Can you please reserve your suggested names for them.. I think they deserve it more…
Baithulah Mesud died of Kidney failure. Should have treated him in some Bangalore hospital free of cost as a goodwill gesture!
KKR….that was never proven…i dont think any person has been pronounced guilty by any court of law, any arrest made on that count…
and rest assured, the secularist media would have flayed them alive had there even been an iota of proof to that effect… all that happened then was mere gossip which fuelled the fire… and as it happens it burned down equally quickly since gossip cannot sustain a lie forever…
but the fact is there are certain set of people amidst us today, who live in this country and work for another based purely on their religious affiliations. Never mind the fact they are treated like s*** in their adopted country.. Muhajirs… is it what they call these sickos????
exactly. i don’t believe the police’s claim. there already are many unanswered questions on the batla house shootout.
also the big hype abt the university offering legal assistance to suspected students is because it is considered a muslim institution, which i fear it is not. Jamia has some of the best educational departments- IIMC is one of the best for journalism studies all over india.
You rule the country.. you control the police.. you control the Judiciary..
and you file a case against yourself and get punished for the same.
are you insane enough to expect this? at least in our country?
”but the fact is there are certain set of people amidst us today, who live in this country and work for another based purely on their religious affiliations ” – of course, there are people like this amidst us. But being ultra national (or rightwing national) like your kind even not going to do any good to our country.
as you said ”I don’t think any person has been pronounced guilty by any court of law ” – I think this applies even to the above mentioned guys..
So why can’t we wait until the court of law find them guilty.
As per my belief, our legal system is not based on Napoleonic code.
Whats the point in an educational institution having the best departments??? When that institution harbours terrorists, gives support to terrorists, gives legal assistance to terrorists… it will be considered as another madrasa breeding terrorists…
Plain and simple.
Day in and day out, we abuse our police for not doing proper work. Not catching the terrorists who are making our lives miserable. But when they do, all sorts of abuses are hurled at them. For what? Because they caught muslims? Hell, the whole world knows that terrorists come from this community.
you are totally anti muslim. Are you a spokesperson for Sangh Parivar or one of the Cheddiwala RSS. Whatever you may say, we are here to stay. Most muslims are peace loving and try to get on with their lives. Look at your people who people are extremely corrupt, cunning and incite violence on minorities.
Fazlur… I am not a spokesperson for sangh parivar… I attended RSS shakhas looooong time back… that too because I used to play with other kids there….
You are here to stay.. no doubt about that.. that is the saddest part….
Why will anyone have an issue with muslims if they learn to integrate themselves with the mainstream community? The problem is they try to bring their religion into everything they do. Correct? this is not as per sharia, that is not as per sharia…. what the heck man??? You are living in a secular democratic country and you live by the rules.
Today while I was getting down my office in the lift, I overheard a person saying that he hates his boss and giving him the choicest of abuses. Reason? His boss will not give extra time for this guy to do namaz on fridays and have lunch. This is the attitude of the muslims in general.
You talk about corruption.. right? In the lokayukta raids, i remember a muslim officer who had amassed huge wealth through corruption…
World over, muslims have got to the position where they are today by being cunning and inciting violence.. and look at what you are talking!!!!!
How about this? Not innocent until proven innocent.
Malegaon blast: Hindu groups under scanner
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 04:03 IST
Print Email Comment Bookmark Text size Text size
Add to del.icio.us
Add to Newsvine
Add to Reddit
The explosion that claimed 4 lives doesn’t bear Indian Mujahideen signature: Police
MUMBAI: The police have ruled out the possibility of Indian Mujahideen (IM)’s hand in the blast at Malegaon on Monday night but say Hindu radical groups are on their radar.
Four persons were killed and nearly 80 injured when a motorcycle bomb went off in the powerloom town, just two days ahead of Eid.
According to additional director general of police (state law and order), Sanjeev Dayal, the blast does not have any similarities with other terror strikes that IM has claimed responsibility for.
“Blasts executed by the IM have their signature — the outfit has conducted serial blasts, the explosive devices used by IM were more lethal and sophisticated. In Malegaon, there was a single blast and the explosive was a low-intensity one. Emails were send to televisions channels before the blasts carried out by IM, but no e-mail was sent or call made warning about a possible terror strike in Malegaon,” said Dayal.
When asked whether the blast could be handiwork of Hindu radical group Bajrang Dal, Dayal said, “Even Hindu radical groups are on our radar. Nothing can be ruled out till the investigations are over.”
Meanwhile, the RTO registration number on the number plate of the bike led the police to a laboratory assistant in a Nashik college.
A silver-coloured Hero Honda Passion motorcycle was found near the blast site. “On checking RTO records, we found that the vehicle belonged to Eknath Pingle, a lab assistant with Panchavati College in Nashik,” said Dayal.
Pingle has told the police that he had sold the motorcycle to a second-hand motorcycle dealer in 2002. “The dealer has confirmed purchase of the vehicle, but he could not provide any information about who had bought the vehicle from him,” added Dayal.
The police are now probing if the number plate belonged to the motorcycle used in the blasts, or if it was meant as a red herring.
A police official, on condition of anonymity, said they were also looking at records of PCOs and cyber cafes in the area to check if those who carried out the blast had any communication with their higher-ups. Evidence gathered from the spot has been sent to the Nashik unit of the forensic science laboratory.
Meanwhile, the condition of SDPO, city division, Malegaon, Viren Prabhu, who was attacked by a mob, is reported to be stable.
Please read above article published in todays newspaper. With ever increasing communal violence, i wont be surprised that other groups like maoist, naxalbari. dmk, christian missinary, new life etc etc will join the bombings and everything will be blamed on muslims.
Main reason for everything is Sangh Parivar and RSS Cheddi
I mean, can we not have a fair logic? why only extremes? They may not be guilty until proven so. Extending the same logic they are neither innocent until proven so.
Please read –
Campaign to Discredit the Police When They Act Against Jihadi Terrorists – International Terrorism Monitor–Paper No. 451
By B. Raman
The Gujarat Police announced on August 16, 2008, the identification and arrests of 10 activists of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) in connection with the serial blasts in Ahmedabad on July 26, 2008. Nine of the arrests were made in Ahmedabad and Vadodara in Gujarat and the tenth arrest of their leader Mufti Abu Bashir was made with the co-operation of the Uttar Pradesh police in Azamgarh in UP. According to details given by a team of senior Gujarat police officers at a special press conference, the arrested persons formed the hard core of a larger group of SIMI activists, who had planned and carried out the blasts in Ahmedabad, under the name of Indian Mujahideen (IM). They also said that while they had definitively established the involvement of these persons and their associates not yet arrested in the blasts in Gujarat, they had some indications that some of these persons might have also been involved in the serial blasts of May in Jaipur and in the blasts of November, 2007, in UP.
2. A week later, on August 23, 2008, another E-mail message purporting to be from the IM was received by a TV channel, in which the IM debunked the claims of the Gujarat Police of having arrested the perpetrators of the Ahmedabad blasts. It denied that the SIMI had metamorphosed into the IM as alleged by the Gujarat Police. It sought to convey the impression that the real perpetrators had not been arrested by the Gujarat Police. (http://www.southasiaanalysis.org/papers29/paper2821.html)
3. Following the serial blasts in New Delhi on September 13, 2008, a group of Delhi Police officers raided a suspected terrorist hide-out in the Jamia Nagar area of New Delhi on September 19, 2008. Information reportedly collected by them through phone intercepts and other means indicated that five persons living in the hide-out might have participated in the serial blasts. There was an exchange of fire between the raiding party and the inmates of the hide-out. Two of the inmates were killed and one was arrested. Two managed to avoid capture and escaped. Two police officers were injured by the inmates, of whom one—an Inspector of Police— succumbed to the injuries. On the basis of the interrogation of the arrested person, the Delhi police arrested a number of others in Delhi and Azamgarh in UP. Their interrogation indicated their involvement in the planning and execution of the serial blasts. The evidence collected by the Delhi Police also indicated that the serial blasts in Jaipur on May 13, 2008, at Ahmedabad on July 26, 2008, and at New Delhi on September 13, 2008, were the joint work of the IM, the SIMI and the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LET) of Pakistan.
4. Acting partly independently and partly on the basis of the clues collected by the Delhi Police, the Mumbai Police arrested on September 24, 2008, five suspected members of the IM hailing from Azamgarh and residing in Mumbai, who were allegedly planning to carry out terrorist strikes in Mumbai. Further investigation is in progress by the Delhi and Mumbai Police.It is almost two weeks now since the arrests made by the Delhi Police and one week after the arrests by the Mumbai Police. The IM, which promptly came out within a week with a message ridiculing the claims of the Gujarat Police, has remained silent till now on the claims of the Delhi and Mumbai Police. This could indicate that the Delhi and Mumbai Police are on the right track in their investigation and that the IM leadership is probably in a state of confusion, not knowing how it should react to the arrests.
6. While the IM, the terrorist organisation, has thus far refrained from disputing the claims of the Delhi and Mumbai Police, some leaders of the Muslim community in these two cities, some members of the so-called secularists community and sections of the media have vigorously questioned the authenticity of the version of the police raid in Jamia Nagar and of the police claims regarding the involvement of the persons arrested by the Delhi and Mumbai Police in the serial blasts. There has been an unfortunate attempt by these elements in the civil society of Delhi and Mumbai to discredit the investigation being done by the police and to create doubts in the minds of our own public and the international community about the dependability of the police. A deplorable attempt has even been made to allege that the death of the Inspector might have been due to ” friendly fire”. There cannot be a ‘friendly fire” when the members of the raiding party are known to each other and operate in an enclosed space as inside a flat.” Friendly fires” take place when one party is not aware of the identity of another party.
7. They have not only tried to damage the credibility of the police, but also wittingly or unwittingly tried to provide an alibi to the jihadi terrorists by bringing in the name of the Bajrang Dal, an aggressive Hindu self-defence organisation, and projecting it as a terrorist organisation comparable to the SIMI. They have tried to insinuate that the police are avoiding any enquiry into the possible involvement of the Dal in some of the terrorist strikes. A prominent leader of the Muslim community in Chennai has also called for an enquiry about the real originator of the messages being received in the name of the IM since November last. His apparent insinuation is that these messages might not have been sent by jihadi terrorists at all.
8. At a time when a demoralising campaign has been launched against the police in order to project the police as the adversaries of the Muslims, one would have expected the Government to come out strongly in defence of the police and in praise of the difficult work they are doing. Unfortunately, the Government has refrained from doing so. After the London blasts of July, 2005, some police officers on duty near a metro station in London saw a suspicious looking man heavily clad moving towards the station. They asked him to stop for questioning. He did not. Instead, he ran into the metro station. The police pursued him and shot him dead before he could get into a train since they were afraid that he might be another suicide bomber. The search of his body and subsequent investigation indicated that the police fears were not correct. Despite this, the Government of Tony Blair, the then Prime Minister, and an enquiry commission appointed by the Government did not fault the police. They held the police action in firing at him as justified since he failed to stop. Even in the British public, there was considerable understanding for the police action. That is the way they build up the confidence of their police and encourage them to take whatever action they consider as legitimate and necessary in order to prevent an act of terrorism.
9. There is a lot of debate in India as to how the US and other Western countries have been able to prevent serious terrorist strikes after the London blasts. It is not only due to the additional legal powers given by them to the police. It is also due to their total support to the police in their investigation and preventive action even if such action occasionally results in unfortunate deaths. After the London blasts, the British Police made a number of arrests to prevent orchestrated explosions on some US-bound flights in August 2007. Many of those arrested on strong and legitimate suspicion could not be successfully prosecuted for want of equally strong evidence. They were recently acquitted by a jury. But the court and the civil society in the UK have not criticised the police for making arrests on suspicion in order to prevent a feared terrorist strike. The Government has held that the fact that adequate evidence could not be collected subsequently did not mean that the original arrests based on suspicion were mala fide. One does not see any orchestrated disparagement of the police in any of the Western or South-East Asian countries, which have also been faced with the problem of terrorism.
10. Unfortunately, in India, there is a systematic disparagement of the police whenever they act against jihadi terrorists. This campaign of disparagement comes not only from some leaders of the Muslim community, but also sections of the so-called secular elite. Our police officers should treat this as an occupational hazard peculiar to India and go ahead with their investigation without worrying about the stones being trown at them from all sides.
(The writer is Additional Secretary (retd), Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India, New Delhi, and, presently, Director, Institute For Topical Studies, Chennai. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
“You are here to stay.. no doubt about that.. that is the saddest part….”
And how is it happy news that YOU are here to stay?
Once Mushirul Hasan was banished from Jamia by Islamists because he supported Salman Rushdie. This time he thought that by expanding his position he will deny Islamists any space on this issue. Guess what, EVEN MUSHARRAF DID THE SAME WITH ISLAMISTS- AND PERISHED IN THE PROCESS. Its easy to ride an Islamist tiger, but one will be consumed as soon as he try to stop it.
Hasan knows fully well that in India, even the lowest court will provide legal counsel to an accused. He also knows for sure, he can’t spend even a single UGC paisa to protect his students who are accused as ‘terrorit’. Because administrators have extremely limited power, and also because of legal issues involved. Neither, those accused students need money as they come from financially sound families.
Still, he went public with his plan – but with a crucial change. He announced, a SEPARATE FUND (not UGC money) will be used to protect his students. Obviously, there is more than what meets the eyes. HE IS TRYING TO FORCE ADMIN TO GO SLOW AGAINST HIS STUDENTS. As well as giving moral support to his students.
As we know, Hindutva derives much from educated class (thanks to its origin of educated class that once produced Dayanand Saraswati, Vivekanand, Bankim Chatterjee, Aurobindo, BG Tilak, Bipin Pal……….), our universities are natural home of Hindutva.
Already, Universities of Gujarat (and soon it will expand to other states) passed resolution condemning acts of Hasan. Universities of Guj, Karnataka for example are going to adopt strict verification of their students.
Its a self goal by Seculatists, Sarkari Muslims. Net result of this is: our campuses are going to be divided along religious lines. Teachers, students – all will be sharply divided.
Congress always goofs up issues related with Muslims. This time, PM/President/Home Minister/Sonia – all praised martyrdom of Inspector Sharma. And now, trying to give space to Hasan to lend weight of Jamia behind the terrorists is going to backfire big way.
Its asking for Hindu backlash. As well as Muslim wrath.
Public is really angry with those who start shouting at police whenever some terrorists are caught.
Abhi>>How about this? Not innocent until proven innocent.
Does this apply to Narendra Modi, against whom not a single case/FIR is registered anywhere in India?
Modi has become rallying point for assorted Jehadis, Islamists, Psuedo-secularists, Secularists.
WHY THEY FORGOT TO APPLY THIS BASIC PRINCIPLE TO MODI?
Azmi>>We have senior politicians like CK Jaffer Sharief who are eligible candidates to become PM of India
Forget any Muslim ever becoming PM of India. There are hardly any Muslim of repute (there are plenty) who can win from a non-Muslim majority seat in a Lok Sabha election. APJ Kalam could be the SOLE exception.
As MJ Akbar recently wrote, there will be no Muslim CM of Maharashtra ever. I doubt, if we will see any Muslim CM in any state outside J&K ever.
People like us, middle class, ‘educated’ Hindus who were backbone of ‘secularism’ in India. With its abuse for cheap Votebank, politicians have done greatest damage to it.
Hindutva is rising, and we will it in a bigger manifestation in the coming years, and decades.
Truth to be spoken, at a grass root level, there is hardly any difference between a Congress and a BJP supporter.
Funny to see one religious fundamentalist using other religious fundamentalist to justify their action. Firstly, Modi is not put behind bars to cry for him. Secondly just because law has failed does not mean he is innocent. So were Stalin and Hitler, against whom no case was ever filed. Nevertheless, Islamists’ actions do not exonerate Modi of his deeds, though I do recognize that he is in no scale comparable to islamists.
INNOCENT until proven guilty.
Media should observe minimum human rights, not violate them!
That Modi has been exonerated by a committee appointed by him is perhaps the joke of the century. The second best joke is that Modi wanted (somebody) to appologise. During a period of mistrust in the judiciary, it is hard to believe that some judge in Karnataka could totally disprove another judge. Now does someone smell a rat here?
There used to be a loose talk that judiciary at the lower rung is corrupt and the top judiciary is the only hope for common man. Just tell me from where does the top judiciary come to preside over a just justice delivery system at the top? Just tell me how can the golden head of the statue be built on feet of clay?
There was a lawyer in my neighbourhood in Delhi. He has a chamber in the Delhi High Court premises, a shared chamber (of commerce). He is seldom seen in the chamber nor presenting a case before a court because he is a leader of a rebel group in a church. His major work is to create problem for people. How does he earn his living? He just contracts with the opponent’s advocate and keeps the cases adjorned for eternity, or let the opponent win for a consideration a la the BMW lawyers.
He is such a ruthless advocate and a cunning one at that, I am afraid one day he will be seen presiding over a court of law.
Mr. Modi, if ever you want to be exonerated once again, I can suggest to you a few names of lawyers. But I would like my share of the pie too. This is business man, business.
Mansoor Peerbhoy, with an impressive resume, a responsible position with Yahoo and hailing from an educated family, may have appeared an unlikey jihaadi to his folks and peers. But the facade masked a fanatical commitment to a jihand against the “tormentors” of muslims.
This is what TOI has mentioned in its headlines today about the arrest of one of the IM memebers.
Come to think of it, there could be many muslims amidst us whom we will discover later to be other Peerbhoys of the world.
The question is, will it be too late then?