BELLUR RAMAKRISHNA writes: Kannada cinema has lost both its eyes in the space of 44 months: Dr Raj Kumar in April 2006 and Dr Vishnuvardhan in December 2009.
I have compiled a list of similarities and differences between the ‘Natasarvabhouma‘ and the ‘Abhinava Bhargava‘ in their life and death.
1. Raj Kumar was born on the 24th: 2+4 =6; Vishnuvardhan was born on the 18th: 1+8 =9, both 6 and 9 are multiples of 3.
2. Raj Kumar died on the 12th: 1+2 =3; Vishnuvardhan died on the 30th: 3+0 =3, again multiples of 3.
3. Raj Kumar died in ‘06; Vishnuvardhan in ’09; both years are multiples of 3.
4. Raj Kumar died two days before new year’s day as per the Souramana calendar; Vishnuvardhan died two days before new year’s day in the Gregorian calendar.
5. Raj Kumar and Vishnuvardhan both died on Wednesday.
6. Muthuraju: 9 letters; Sampath Kumar: 12 letters, again both multiples of 3.
7. Raj Kumar was born on the 24th and died on the 12th, a difference of 12 days; Vishnuvardhan was born on the 18th and died on the 30th, again a difference of 12 days.
8. Raj Kumar died in Ramaiah hospital: Rajkumar and Ramaiah, both starting with R; Vishnuvardhan died in Vikram Hospital: Vishnuvardhan and Vikram, both starting with V.
9. Raj Kumar’s birth and death was in the same month, April; Vishnuvardhan’s birth and death was in the same city, Mysore.
10. Raj Kumar’s film career started in ’54: 5+4 = 9; Vishnuvardhan’s film career started in ’72: 7+2 = 9.
11. Raj Kumar received honorary doctorate from Mysore University in 1976, 22 years after his first film; Vishnuvardhan received honorary doctorate from Bangalore University in 2005, 33 years after his first film.
12. Raj Kumar’s 100th film was released in 1968; Vishnuvardhan’s 100th film was released in 1986.
13. Raj Kumar and Vishnuvardhan both took 14 years to reach the 100 film mark.
14. Both Raj Kumar and Vishnuvardhan died after a massive heart attack. Raj Kumar died on the 12th day; Vishnuvardhan died in the 12th month.
15. Raj Kumar was cremated in Kanteerava Studio, north Bangalore; Vishnuvardhan was cremated in Abhiman Studio, south Bangalore.
Good observation and effort by the writer.
* Bellur Ramakrishna: Please accept my sincere compliments for coming up with this post and putting it out so quickly after the tragedy. Its extremely interesting to say the least.
16. Mad crowd breaking mall windows, burning cars, in both cases
FYI, Dr Vishnu was dead before he was taken to Vikram Hospital
Others facts are interesting, though….
Bellur Ramakrishna – Very good set of compilations and interesting.
Author has missed many other similarities. two eyes, 1 nose with 2 nostrils, 1 mouth……..both humanbeings….
17. Raj Kumar lived in North and was cremated in North Bangalore and Vishnu lived in South and was cremated in South Bangalore !
Both had three ragi mudde daily. Three is multiple of three.
Dr. Raj donated his eyes. Did vishnu donate his? Don’t know, because I haven’t heard anything about it yet.
My vote for this, as the most utterly useless list compilation of 2009. :).
Churmuri , what a fall.
No offense RK, but I have to agree with somashekhar and zenrainman :)
Dr. Rajkumar is dead. Vishnuvardhan is dead.
No coincidence there – nobody lives forever.
18. No. of degrees of separation identified is also multiple of 3….
Somashekhar, December Stud and Zenrainman,
I agree with you chaps.
One can add 1000 more similar points to this rather yawn list prepared by Mr. Bellur.
At the same time, one can add 1000 dissimiliar points.
Examples of dissimilarity:
1. Vishnuvardhan was only 59 years old , Rajkumar was well over 75, when he died.
2. Vishnuvardhan had adopted children, While Rajkumar was the natural parent of his children.
3. Vishunvardha’s wife was an actress, while Rajkumar’s wife isn’t.
4. Neither of Vishnu’s adopted children became actors. Not similar to Rajkumar’s children.
5. Rajkumar’s first film as a hero, started with the letter B, whilst vishnuvardha’s started with the letter , ‘N’
6. Rajkumar’s original name was very different from Vishnuvardhan’s original name
I mean, one can go on and on and on and on …….one can go on and on and on about 10,000 similarites between each and every individual on this earth and a 10,000 dissimilarites between each and every individual on this planet.
Does it serve any purpose?
There are nitpickers everywhere and Churumuri is no exception.
Here is a person, who within a short span of time from the death of a legend, compiled a few interesting facts and put it out for all of us to read. You like it or not is a different issue. You like it, read it and say thanks. You dont like it, still read it and keep quiet. Instead we have people who are criticising the very effort this gentleman has put.
Points 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12 & 13 are worth noting. When reams and reams are written about the assassinations of Abe Lincoln and Jack Kennedy, the least we can do is to say ” Well done” to our own man.
There are a few people who try to find fault with everything and everyone. Forget about such people, Mr.Ramakrishna. Thanks for this piece of information. Good job.
Someone should give this writer 3 X 12 slaps, and multiples of 3 everyday thereafter….what a useless post!
Agree with Huttadallihutta. Mr. Bellur has taken the trouble to compile within a very short span of time. We should appreciate his efforts and say thanks. If not, one should not critisise. Thanks Bellur.
Hutta, you are right
You say there are a few people who find fault with everything and everyone. Correct. You find fault with whatever i write.
Boom Boom Boomerang.
Why did i say it is useless? Because we can go on and on and on and on and on about similarities and dissimilarites between the 1 billion people. it is neither enjoyable fun nor profoundly meaningfuly.
Just plain silly.
I had not you in my mind when i wrote it. It was for everyone who found fault with this write up. So do not take it personally.
Interestingly, yesterday or a day before, I came across a similar article in Indiatimes. It talked about Abe Lincoln and JFK, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams etc. And this one too talked about the similarities and not the other way round. So it is not uncommon for people to come up with something like this.
Finding dissimilarities between people is easy. Come on, any body can do that. Note, this author did not say Raj was Right handed and Vishnu was Leftie. That is easy. But did you know that Raj took 14 years to complete 100 movies and so did Vishnu? I did not. Or that Raj’s 100th film released in 68 and Vishnu’s in 86? May be trivia, but there are a whole lot of trivia out there. And at times Trivia is interesting too!!!
And I would have certainly agreed upon you and what others like you said had Mr.Ramakrishna written about any Venka Seena Naani. This was about two legends in Kannada cinema & the write up came at the right time. Hence my critique on the naysayers.
Again, dont take this personally. I will take you up again when you talk about your queen and prince. But this post was not on you :)
What a waste of an article
My Dear FRIENDS,
As Madhuri has written, DR.RAJKUMAR has donated his Eyes and after his donating eyes, hundreds of people donated their eyes for the society. Please note that, DR.RAJKUMAR is LEGEND of LEGENDS in FILM WORLD, because of his superb performance in his films.
Like Dr. Rajkumar, no other actor had acted in such a different roles (Social, Bond, Historical, Mythological, Folklore, etc.,) with ease & poise. He is not only a great FILM STAR ACTOR, but also, a great STAR SINGER. Dr. Rajkumar is the ONE & ONLY POPULAR “SINGING STAR” of this beautiful WORLD. Hence, it is not appropriate to compare anybody with Dr. Rajkumar.
Both ‘were and are’ the legends of kannada industry, Mr krishna wrote saying none of the actors should be compared with rajkumar, which is acceptable in all norms, but vishnu was the most stylist actor in kannada industry, his movies like bandhana, muttinahara, karna,lali were of global standards and he was the only actor who did provided the justice to all kind of roles he did other than the legendary actor RAJ, so please allow both the souls to rest in peace from now atleast!!!
dr.vishnu is a great actor and helped many peoples he is a real hero
Well written. I also agree with dilip. dr. vishnu was a great actor.
I agree with Dilip. More over Dr Vishnu had emerged as a super star
when Rajkumar,s fans attacking him time and again. There was no peaceful mind to Dr Vishnu to act otherwise he would have been the best Super star in India than any other actor much less Big B or Rajanikanth. Dr Vishnu emerged as super star without posters and banners for several years as Raj,s fans were use to destroy the same
I respect vishnu sir…
He is my breath
Both are legends of KFI, the comparison what we doing between them is wrong and that is too bad also…… first we have to stop doing comparison between any actors.