As he gets off the stage at a convention of areca nut growers in Sullia taluk, Karnataka chief minister
B.S. Yediyurappa—whose has artfully survived efforts to dislodge him by his party MLAs, by his party high command, by the opposition, by the governor, by the media, by the courts—shows that it takes a superhuman effort to get him down.
Photograph: Karnataka Photo News
The B.S. Yediyurappa photo portfolio
1) Is it an idol? Is it a statue? Is it a mannequin?
2) One leg in the chair, two eyes on the chair
3) Yedi, steady, go: all the gods must be crazy
4) Kissa Karnataka chief minister’s kursi ka: Part IV
5) Why did the chief minister cross the road divider?
6) Sometimes you are up, sometimes you are down
7) Dressed to thrill: Yedi-Chini bhai bhai in Shanghai
8) Survival of fittest is a great photo opportunity
9) Drought relief one day, flood relief the next
10) How a chief minister should drink tea. (Or not.)
11) Let the rebels know, the CM will not bow one inch
12) Even four pairs of hands can’t stave off the flak
13) Yediyurappa regime slips into yet another sandal
14) Behind every successful cyclist, there are a few men
15) Life’s a cycle. What goes up must come down.
16) A leg up for the one is a leg up for the other
17) The emperor’s new clothes has a loose button
18) Why does this poor, selfless soldier cry so much?
19) The great Indian rope trick adds inches to a giant
20) Even Alan Donald would quiver at such a glare
21) One sanna step for man, one giant leap for anna
22) A party of loafers, thieves, liars and land-grabbers
23) Three years in power = three rings, or is it four?
24) Say hello to the sarsanghchalak of the ‘ling parivar’
25) Why you didn’t this picture in today’s papers
26) Across, the line, feet wide apart, head still high
27) A matador takes the bulls by their horns (almost)
28) Relax, it’s not the dress code for namma Metro
29) And how a famous head looks after the ’2G’ scam
30) Oh fish! How he feels for the poor animal’s plight
31) Every good picture is worth a 1,000 volts