With the Congress-led UPA government once again dismissing governor H.R. Bharadwaj‘s recommendation to dismiss the BJP government in Karnataka, a quick recap of the amazing life and dangerous times of Karnataka’s most famous trepeze artiste, chief minister Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa (2008-2011):
1) Survives rebellion by the Reddy brothers and their bosom buddy, Sriramulu
2) Survives concerted attacks by Congress, JDS
3) Survives another rebellion by Reddy brothers and their godmother, Sushma Swaraj
4) Survives the various sex and financial scandals involving his ministers and MLAs
5) Survives first attack by governor H.R. Bharadwaj
6) Survives threat of removal by his party high command, acting in concert with the RSS
7) Survives the Lok Ayukta, high court and Supreme Court
8) Survives dozens of media exposes of his sons’ assets and land dealings, and Shobha Karandlaje‘s
9) Survives repeated pinpricks of party colleagues, Ananth Kumar and K.S. Eswarappa
10) Survives rebellion by section of party MLAs on the floor of House
11) Survives another attack by governor Bharadwaj
12) Survives 21 May 2011, the day the world was supposed to have come to an end
Cartoon: courtesy Prakash Shetty
Yeddurappa is a grand master, vishwanathan Anand has to learn from him
About the 12th time, Governor didn’t have a case. I guess he was doing just to maintain the tempo. I believe Yeddy must have stepped down or removed at the 8th time. Rest are internal BJP matter or don’t hold much water.
13 th will be the next assembly elections. He will have the same fate as that of Karunanidhi.
Pingback: How BS Yeddyurappa has Survived 11 Attempts to Remove Him (so far) – Part I | Critical Twenties
Between the Guv & yeddi the state administration has gone to dogs.
Congress should learn a thing of two from BSY. On how to retain the chair even when the odds are stacked against you.
Mr Yediyurappa is Great Gambler of Karnataka.