1) If you cannot play a game or exercise, get yourself a nice massage once if not two times a day. Not a greasy oil massage, but powerful hands going all over your body from skull to toes.
2) Cut down on your intake of food and drink. Maintain a strict routine for intake of food. Use a stop watch if necessary. Guava juice is better than any other fruit juice
3) Forget ragi malt. A single peg of single malt whisky at night gives you a false appetite. Before you eat dinner, say to yourself ‘Don’t eat much’.
4) Eat one kind of vegetable or meat, followed by a pinch of chooran. Eat alone and in silence. Idli-dosa is healthier and easier to digest.
5) Never allow yourself to be constipated. Keep your bowels clean by whatever means you can: by lexatives, enemas, glycerine suppositories.
6) Keep a healthy bank balance for peace of mind. It does not have to be in crores, but enough for your future needs and possibility of falling ill.
7) Never lose your temper.
8) Never tell a lie.
9) Cleanse your soul, give generously. Remember you cannot take it with you. You may give it to your children, your servants or in charity.
10) Instead of whiling your time praying, take up a hobby: like gardening, helping children.
Bonus suggestion: If you can afford it, get yourself some nice genes.
Read the full article: Secret of my longevity
Photograph: courtesy Outlook
External reading: Khushwant Singh on how to live and die